Lord Ace of the Fictional Lands (ensuing) wrote,
Lord Ace of the Fictional Lands

  • Mood:

Argh, Choices, choices!

I've decided I need my laptop soon. Very, very soon. I was going to hold out until I got my first check for this new series I'm working on for Viz, but progress getting things done has been slow.* Then I was going to buy my laptop when I sent in the invoice for the first volume of work, but things have been slow.** Now, I go into the bookstore to see what they have in stock, and find out they're going to have a deal (free $80 printer) in a couple weeks... ARG. Should I just get if from them in a couple weeks? I really feel like I need to get started on some of these projects on a portable machine, but I might be able to hold out... I'm really leaning towards ordering my laptop tonight or tomorrow through the Apple site... I can get free shipping with it, and I get a $100 rebate offer on one of the printers they have... and I can buy my case through their site... I don't know... Can I get opinions?

*I got the first volume done quickly enough to make me happy, but it took my editor a while to get corrections back.
**Now that I have finished the mountain of corrections, I'm ready to send in the real pages, not just a PDF. ...but he wants a another PDF. Maybe it needs this extra check because of being in the magazine? I don't know. My editor is awesome, but I just wish I could get this volume completely done soon!!
Tags: artemis, viz
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.